Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dents In Flute Head Joint

Ulaneo resigned the vice presidency of the FUA

Interview


One year and three months later, Ruben Ulaneo presented his resignation from his position as vice president in the Uruguayan Chess Federation (FUA).

also told the club's executive committee to which it belongs, Chess Club Paysandu (CAP), which also left his post as vice president of the institution sanducera.

The news came on Thursday when missing nine months for this board chess end of the Uruguayan government, in a period that began in December 2009 and will end this December 2011.

Asked about the decision, synthesized Ulaneo causes health problems, need to spend more time with his family and the practice of chess.

said that of all the boards of the FUA he met, the elected in 2009 (integrated by Bernardo Roselli, Sebastian Perdomo, Marcelo Esteban Jaureguizar and Lanzilotta) has accomplished things that had never been done before, and cited as an example Olympics trip to Siberia in 2010.

He mentioned the decision to not send the women's team to Siberia, supporting Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, the chess project in schools full time, did not rule out returning to the AUM in the future, there are many critics felt that "destructive "and that it is" killing "the leadership of chess in Uruguay and left as outstanding have been able to obtain more resources to develop the chess competition in Uruguay.

- Why resigned from the FUA?
- quit almost simultaneously Chess Club Paysandu (CAP) and the Federation. Was it a personal issue. A few months ago that came thinking about what I wanted to make my chess life and my personal life. I had a chat with the doctor of the company where I am, and now I have a high cholesterol level that threatens the heart. The doctor told me I had to leave some things stressful. All that meant the last year in chess has been quite stressful. You have to really spend time and dedicate it for free, only satisfaction and being able to collaborate and do something. I'll see if I can recover a little bit my personal activity and if I can play some chess, spend that time he was devoting to the policy and see if I can go back to dashboard better conditions. The theme is health and spend a little more time to my wife. My kids are great and understand.

"Beyond the doctor's warning, have you been thinking about the possibility of leaving office?
"Before that I've been thinking on a topic of time and can do something in chess. My activity was not policy but in the face to play. Before I participated in more tournaments during the year. Now virtually no game at all.

"So it's final renunciation.
"At least for a while, I do not want to do is participate in an activity that takes you to make decisions to be in the crosshairs of many people, it is so. When you decide to integrate this type of activity and belong to a federation, not a club, you become a public person in the environment in which you drive. As such, you are exposed to criticism, which are always valid, whether for or against. We must take the positives from criticism. Through this one has its moments of tension. I think I am the oldest member of the council. Within the council, this year I spent much of my time to chess and I left a little aside about the CAP. Of all the advice I've ever met I think this is the council that has worked best at group level. Work is continuing and is being made things that had never been achieved. For example, chess with students and try to include chess as a subject fits into the national school education. Also in the sense of having a significant competitive chess. It pains me to leave because I get along great with all boys, Bernardo, Esteban, Marcelo, and Perdomo is a young boy who has grown a lot. It is important that new people value these things. More people should get close to the FUA and collaborate with all that is done. There are people who opine for or against decisions taken and sometimes do not look good. We support a Kirsan, Karpov did not support. That was a very difficult decision to make. Was as difficult as not to send a women's team to the Olympics.

- What do you think is the main contribution you have made to the AUM this year and three months?
"That I can not tell me. I believe this effort as we all do. All contribute time, wear. Tomorrow is missing one or need another and there will be people who will be working. The most to get close and know what is happening is young people. What can be done and what can not. I step aside at a time where I think that things are doing very well. Bernardo is a guy who really has done things that sometimes ... we're talking about the best player in Uruguay that is based in the country. There are things that are not entitled to but are doing the same. The contributions they are doing them. Stephen is working with the school chess, Marcelo is a very smart guy who has many connections and has made very important contributions. Those things have to assess them.

- What other contributions made by the FUA may be mentioned?
-Being able to send the seriously Olympiad chess team and a coach to coach, not a coach that fits the name only, I think that was one of the most important things in chess competition where there has been an achievement that Uruguay never had.

- What was in the pipeline?
-things are always in the pipeline. Able to within three, four or five years when I retire, can be again. What I would have liked is that they could get the resources that could have a larger competitive chess and chess education program for youth.

-went a year and three months ago, why did you decide to get on the board of the FUA?
"For the fact that both Enrique Carlos Celi as Milans had taken the decision not to continue as head of the USC. As a chess club, the PDA had taken a position that if there was to be part of any list we would make a direct contribution, not just the contribution that the CAP does for the fact organize some tournaments and try to be always present, as should be all institutions. I volunteered among people who could do the job. Started there. And I think Bernard was something similar. Sometimes the lists are formed by settling. I think we're killing the entire leadership of chess because it is generally criticized as destructive to the people who are trying to do something, which is also free.

"You already integrated boards of the AUM, right?
"No, never.

- Never? There was
integrated some arbitral tribunal, but no board.

-Just said that there are many destructive criticism. Whence?
"I'm not naming names because it's not worth it. Usually they are people, not institutions. The question is how is chess. Chess begins with a social thing, which should begin at school age, and if you can rather than later. From then on there to make it grow. If it does not end like a history class. And most will finish well as a history lesson.

- Who will you take the place left vacant?
"I really do not know. That is what you have to ask the board members. Now I am making some contribution beyond what being a board member. I want to lose the ball on the floor and calm.


Federico Vinas

Extracted PAPER BOARD - 25/02/1911

0 comments:

Post a Comment